Minutes of Annual Meeting
Pillette Village Business Improvement Association
January 25, 2024
Location: Nancy Johns Gallery & Framing
Bridget Scheuerman chaired the meeting in the absence of Terry Yaldo
- Attendees were welcomed to the meeting and were given the opportunity to introduce themselves and identify their business.
- Approval of Minutes of 2022 Annual Meeting
- Motion by Diane and seconded by Nancy to approve the minutes from the 2022 Annual Meeting. Passed.
- Financial Report
- Bridget provided the following financial report.
- Bank balance as of December 29, 2023, $20,339.66
- Outstanding cheque total $339
- Balance after cheques $20,000.66.
- Motion by Danielle and seconded by Tony to accept the Financial Report.
- 2024 Operating Budget
- Bridget presented the Draft 2024 Operating Budget, and the budget was reviewed, and questions answered.
- Bridget stated that the Draft 2024 Operating Budget had been sent to the membership in November 2023 and is hereby presented to the Membership for consideration and approval.
- Motion by Nancy to accept the 2024 Operating Budget as presented. Seconded by Marlena. Motion passes.
- Marketing for 2024
- David provided an updated business directory, and some changes and updates were made.
- He indicated that he will continue with the social media program, videos for the businesses.
- Events for 2024
- We will be hosting the Street Sale once again this year and be a part of the Open Streets Event on September 22, 2024.
- Bridget indicated that Ford City is having their event on August 17, 2024. So as not to conflict with Dropped on Drouillard, it was suggested that we hold our Street Sale on August 10, 2024.
- More information to follow as we get clearer direction from the City with regards to Open Streets.
- Confirmation of The Board of Directors
- Bridget indicated that we are seeking new Board members and gave an overview of the responsibilities.
- Anyone interested in becoming a Board member can contact any current Board member.
- Motion by Diane and seconded by Nancy to confirm the present Board of Directors. Motion passes.
- New Business
- Grandmamas had a soft open house which was quite successful.
- We have had very good feedback on the new planters and the decorations during the holiday season.
- Nancy reported that the Physio business had rented some Art from her.
- There was a question about the traffic study, which seems to be at a standstill right now.
- Tony asked about what the going rate for rent in the areas is at this time. Discussion ensued.
Being no further business the meeting was adjourned