Pillette Village Business Improvement Association
Board of Directors Meeting
September 14, 2023
In Attendance: Terry Yaldo, Danielle Ramsten and Bridget Scheuerman
Regrets: Councilors Jo-Anne Gignac and Ed Sleiman, David Duke, Peggy Winch and Diane Beck
Approval of Minutes
- Motion by Terry and seconded by Danielle to approve the minutes of the previous meeting. Passed.
- Bridget provided the following Financial report
- Bank Balance as of July 31, 2023 is $76,682.57
- Deposit Street Sale Vendor Fees $1,720.00
- Balance after Deposits $78,402.57
- Outstanding Cheque Total $3,734.26
- Balance after cheques $74,668.31
- Capitals Works Commitment $54,000.00
- Available Funds $20,668.21.
- Motion by Danielle and seconded by Terry to accept the Financial Report.
Small Business Meeting
- Bridget attended a meeting at the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Centre in which was discussed the various grants that were available and the assistance that the Centre can provide to small business.
- It was decided that this group would visit the businesses in Pillette Village.
- Bridget will send out a notice to the businesses when the date has been determined.
- A notice was sent out to first have the visit on Monday September 11th, but it was decided that this was not a good day as many of the businesses are closed on Mondays. The new date was set for Wednesday, September 6th, and due to rainy weather the visits did not occur, but email communication was commenced with the businesses and the Business Centre.
Street Sale Report
- Bridget provided the following report:
- Income from vendor fees $1,720.00
- Expenses $2,947.32 which included The City of Windsor Permit Fee of $1,280.00 and we will be receiving a $1,000 refund once the site has been approved for cleanliness.
- Total Cost of Event $227.31.
- We received many positive comments regarding the Street Sale.
- Some vendors would like the event to go longer into the afternoon. Currently it ends at 2:00 p.m., and it was suggested that it be extended to 3:00 p.m. or even 4:00 p.m.
- One vendor asked that they would like to be on the south side next year as for the past two years they have been on the north side and that is the sun side
- We will also determine what other events are happening within the City and schedule our event on a date that does not conflict with other BIAs.
CNIB & Jazz Cat Donations
- Donations were discussed for the Jazz Cats Band and for CNIB our sponsor Charity and it was determined that the band would receive $400 and CNIB would receive $325.
- Diane had collected $75 in donations for CNIB during the Street Sale Event, so the total donation to CNIB will be $400.
- Motion by Terry and seconded by Danielle to donate $400 to Jazz Cats c/o Diane Beck and $325 to CNIB, plus the $75 that Diane had collected. Passed.
- Bridget received quotes from Graphix27 for a number of merchandising items, tote bags, notepads, pens, mugs, water bottles, stickers and coasters.
- We would like to put together Welcome bags for new businesses, but at the outset each current business would also receive a welcome package which would include a Tote Bag, Notepad, Pen, stickers, letter, postcarads from Small Business Centre and a business directory for the BIA.
- Our Logo and information would be on all items.
- Bridget will determine what the next break point would be to see if it would be beneficial to order more to have them in stock.
- It was determined that we would allow a budget of $1,500 to $2,000 for this project.
Capital Works Update
- Stephan reported that when he went to the Public Works Yard on the day the planters were to be installed, he found that the order was incorrect and that the surrounds for the planters had not arrived.
- He immediately contacted the Company in Alberta and it was found that the salesperson that originally placed the order had left the Company and Stephan was able then to speak to the owner who indicated that the order had been shipped the previous week. It did not arrive in time to be installed prior to when the City has to start set up for Open Streets.
- Waiting to confirm if shipment has been received.
- Still waiting for pricing on banners and entrance markers.
- as there was no new business the meeting was adjourned.
Next Meeting Thursday, October 12, 2023, 4:00 p.m. at Hawkins Accounting