Pillette Village Business Improvement Association
Board of Directors Meeting
March 9, 2023
In Attendance: Danielle Ramsten, Terry Yaldo, David Duke, Diane Beck, and Bridget Scheuerman
Regrets: Councillors Jo-Anne Gignac and Ed Sleiman
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted.
- The financial report presented by Bridget was accepted.
- Bank balance as of January 31, 2023 $65,006.24
- Deposit of final 2022 Operating Budget of $2,000
- Balance after deposit $67,006.24
- Total for outstanding cheques $1,434.85,
- balance after cheques $65,571.39
- Capital Works commitment $54,000.00
- Available funds $11,571.39
- Pending HST Deposit $1,801.81
- Total available funds $13,373.20.
Capital Works Update
- The planters and garbage receptacles purchase order is proceeding through authorization and signature stage and proceeding to final stages of procurement.
- David has started doing the reels for the various businesses and there has been a noticeable uptick in people viewing the reels.
- David asked if we should be using Tik Tok and it was indicated that Tik Tok is not government approved, and we should not use it.
- This issue can wait until the City has completed their review of the BIAs.
CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind)
- Bridget provided an update on the research she has been doing with CNIB who have an office within Pillette Village.
- CNIB would be very interested in partnering with Pillette Village and a meeting is planned for next week.
- We will gather information at this point to review once the City has completed their review of the BIAs.
- This could be a very good partnership.
- Some suggestions were discussed as to fundraising.
Review of Constitution
- Board members were given a copy of the current constitution and asked to review for a future meeting which will be dedicated to adjusting the constitution to bring it up-to-date with mandates from the City and the needs of our BIA.
- Bridget suggested that we look at the Pillette and Wyandotte intersection with a view to improving safety at this location. We should contact Traffic to review this intersection.
- It was suggested that we do welcome packages for new businesses.
- Bridget asked if the next meeting could occur one or two days earlier in April, but it will also depend on the progress of the City.
- Atomic Bongz is a new business located at 4685 Wyandotte East.